Eudora Migration Utilities
Eudora Migration Utilities version 2.0 allows you to migrate saved
e-mail, private mailing lists, public mailing lists, bulletin boards,
and directory entries from cc:Mail and Netscape Navigator 3.x or later
to WorldMail version 1.x or 2.x mail store. When migration is
complete, you can use your old cc:Mail folders, messages, and
attachments or Netscape Navigator 3.x local folders, messages,
attachments, and personal address books. You can also reply to or
forward migrated messages that may not have been read before
Eudora Migration Utilities version 2.0.
Before you install Eudora Migration Utilities, you need the following:
To convert cc:Mail archives to Eudora Pro for Macintosh, run EMU on
your cc:Mail archives to convert to standard UNIX format. You can then
run CRLF available from
www.shareware.com allowing you to
convert migrated mailboxes from UNIX format to Mac, and vice
- IBM PC or compatible running Windows 3.1, Windows 95, or Windows NT 3.51 or higher.
- 2.7 MB disk space.
- Minimum of 8MB of RAM.
- Adequate local disk space for migrating the cc:Mail store (locally).
Supported version information
Eudora Migration Utilities converts files from cc:Mail DB6 format (as used in
cc:Mail release 2.x) to any of the following formats:
*Note: If you are converting cc:Mail version 6.x or later, your
cc:Mail is kept in DB8 format. You will need to save your existing
mail files to DB6 format before running the Eudora Migration Utility.
- Eudora Pro version 3.0 or later for Windows or Macintosh.
- Eudora Light version 3.0 or later for Windows or Macintosh.
There are two modes you may use to migrate mail information:
The following functions are supported in the new Eudora Migration Utility 2.0:
- Multi-User Mode - migration for many users.
- Single-User Mode - migration for a single user.
- All functions in Eudora Migration Utility 1.0 have been retained in the Eudora Migration Utility 2.0.
- Intermediate Store: Now uses QUALCOMM's WorldMail Server version 1.x or 2.x.
- Logging: Now creates separate logs for each migration/estimation session.
- Automatic Account Creation: Create user accounts on QUALCOMM's WorldMail Server.
- Netscape Source: Migrate from Netscape Navigator 3.x directly to Worldmail 1.x or 2.x mail store.
- LDIF: Write directory information to an LDIF file.
- LDAP: Update directory information on an LDAP server.
- Multiple Target Servers: Migrate to multiple QUALCOMM WorldMail Servers.
- Admin Setup: Preset user defaults.
If you are the administrator of a cc:Mail Post Office, you can use
Eudora Migration Utilities' powerful multi-user mode. In this mode,
you can migrate mail folders and make the necessary directory changes
for some or all of the local users of a post office at the same
time. Also, in multi-user mode, you can migrate public mailing
lists. The migration process is self-documenting so that a full audit
trail can be maintained.
In single-user mode, you, as a user, can migrate your e-mail
information from cc:Mail to Eudora. Your repository of existing
messages is stored in a secure proprietary Post Office on a Local Area
Network (LAN) or on your mobile computer. The Post Office message
format anchors you to cc:Mail and prevents you from moving on to more
advanced and open e-mail systems. This migration utility helps you
migrate from cc:Mail to Eudora and takes your accumulated history of
cc:Mail messages with you. This means that while you use the migration
utility, you still have access to your valuable message history,
including attachments and text items from your old cc:Mail Inbox and