Using the Tutorial and Help
Creating a New ESP Group
Inviting People to Join an ESP Group
Joining an ESP Group
Leaving an ESP Group
Using the ESP Group Mailbox
Using the ESP Group Shared Folder
Configuration and Settings
ESP Tutorial for Macintosh
To invite people to join an ESP Group, go to Tools: ESP Groups: to open the ESP Groups window.
Select the name of the ESP Group from the list on the left-hand side of the window. In our example, it's "Smith Family".
Next, click on the Users tab.
To invite an ESP user (a user who is using Eudora 5), click the Invite button.
[To invite a non-ESP user (a user who is not using Eudora 5)]
After you click the Invite button, you'll see the dialog window above. It asks you to choose an initial "role" and notifications for invitee(s).
- No Preference: or Full Membership: The user will have full rights to send and receive updated files.
- Broadcasting Member: The user will have full rights to send updated files but will not receive any incoming updates.
- Receiving Member: The user will receive updated files but cannot send updates.
- Ask before processing any updates to and from the shared folder: If checked, Eudora will prompt you before any changes are made to updated files.
- Prefer that user does not change role (displays warning): If checked, the invitees will be warned if they try to change their membership role. For example, if you invite someone as a Receiving only member but they try to change to a Full Membership, they will be warned not to.
When you're finished, click OK.
A new message window will open that contains an invitation message for the ESP Group. Attached to the message is a special attachment that contains ESP Group information.
Enter the email addresses of the invitee(s) in the To: field. You can also enter whatever text you want to into the body of the message. When you're finished, click the Send button.
To invite a non-ESP user (a user who is not using Eudora 5), hold down the shift key and click on Invite. This will bring up the Advanced Add window.
Here, enter the person's name and email address. This information is stored in your Users list but no invitation is sent out. This user will simply receive email messages that have the ESP Group's shared documents as attachments.
Click "Continue" below to proceed to Joining an ESP Group.