There are unlimited different uses of ESP. Three examples that we highlight here are-
Sharing Photos with Family and Friends
Sharing photos with family and friends becomes easier with ESP. You can add your own photos and let others add their own photos to your shared folder.
- Go to Special: ESP Groups: and create a new ESP Group. Give the ESP Group an easy to remember name, like "Family Photos".
- Once you have the ESP Group, invite your family and friends to join the ESP Group.
- If you don't want your friends to be able to add their own photos or change the existing photos, set their Initial Role as a Receiving Member.
- Simply drop your images into the ESP Group folder.
Now, you can put photos in the ESP Group folder and ESP will make sure that they are automatically sent to your family and friends in the ESP Group. They, in turn, can add their own photos and they will be automatically shared with everyone in the group.
Synchronizing Documents between Work and Home
If you have a work email address you check at work and a home email address you check at home, ESP will allow you to easily synchronize files between the two computers. This could be invaluable if you have documents - like a Calendar file - that you want to keep updated at both locations.
- Go to Special: ESP Groups: and create a new ESP Group. Give the ESP Group an easy to remember name, like "Work and Home".
- Once you have the ESP Group, invite your other email address to join the ESP Group.
- Drop your shared files into the ESP Group folder.
Now for example, keep your calendar file in the "Work and Home" ESP Group folder. If you're at home and make a change to the calendar, ESP will make sure that the calendar at work gets updated with the change.
Building a Presentation with Co-Workers
If you have a presentation or document that you are building ith co-workers, ESP can make sure everyone is working on the most updated version.
- Go to Special: ESP Groups: and create a new ESP Group. Give the ESP Group an easy to remember name, like "Contract Proposal Presentation".
- Once you have the ESP Group, invite your co-workers who are working on the presentation to join the ESP Group.
- If you have several people who could be working on the document simultaneously, we highly recommend you increase the number of backups that ESP stores by increasing the Store up to... previous versions setting.
- Drop your shared documents into the ESP Group folder.
Now for example, if you are writing a contract proposal in Word or Powerpoint, place those documents in the ESP Group folder. Those documents will appear in the shared ESP Group folders of your co-workers. Any changes that re made will automatically appear in everyone's shared folder.
This concludes the ESP Tutorial.